[Debian-eeepc-devel] Request for advice

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Tue Dec 1 12:43:31 UTC 2009

	Hello,

  A friend of mine wants me to install a Debian on its Eeepc 701
(there is always the Xandros system) when we meet, and I'm asking for
advice, as I don't know well this first eeepc model, and current state
of Squeeze/Sid :

I wonder if I should go with a Lenny install, using old and unfree
madwifi drivers, if I could go on Lenny + a more recent Linux kernel
(from backports), or if I should directly go for Squeeze or Sid ? Is
this last choice a good one for Eeepc ? I could get KMS, perhaps better
touchpad handling ? What are your feeling about this ?

	Fred.