[Debian-eeepc-devel] single-user boot sometimes wedges eeepc

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Wed Dec 9 00:25:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 08:02:41AM +0800, jidanni at jidanni.org wrote:
> Say, from the grub menu
> "Debian GNU/Linux, linux 2.6.31-1-686"
> "Debian GNU/Linux, linux 2.6.31-1-686 (single-user mode)"
> picking the latter sometimes results in a unreadable screen just after
> the [5.000..] seconds boot message. Then only key that will do anything
> after that is the silver power button, to poweroff and then to power on,

The symptoms sound like http://bugs.debian.org/559578 but the
situation under which you say it happens, does not.

Have you tried to add "acpi=off" to the boot entry before booting it?
Does it change this behaviour?

> picking of course non-single-user mode this time.
> here on my 702. ^D or entering the password don't do anything.
> Maybe it's something in the verbose messages of single-user mode that
> hits the screen to make it that way. Maybe something with some console-*
> message... but of course no log files are left behind, as no disks are
> probably mounted at that point.

... and if so they are mounted read-only.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/