[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Squeeze/Sid on a eeepc 1002HA

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Tue Dec 22 15:25:20 UTC 2009

Le Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:02:52 +0000,
Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> a écrit :

> I demand that Frédéric Boiteux may or may not have written...
>
>> > Your patch works well and now, I get F4 (zoom ?), F7 (blank
> > screen), F8 (toggle video modes), F9 (prog1) working !

I have to correct myself : the F7 (blank screen) doesn't work yet, as
no ACPI event is generated.

> This is good... I've just pushed the commits containing this lot
> (with fixups for button/zoom handling).

nice, thanks !

> > The last thing that don't work is the special 'Super Hybrid Engine
> > (SHE)' button (like silver keys on 901 ?) which doesn't seem to
> > send any acpi event. As I remember this key has worked, I've tried
> > with an old kernel, 2.6.28, and yes, with it, I get an event :
>
> > hotkey ATKD 00000039 00000000
>
> Interesting...
>
> > I wonder if I should inside eeepc-laptop module ?
>
> If you mean "look inside" or "fiddle around inside", probably, yes.
> You might also be interested in testing 2.6.33-rc1 (but see bug
> 561569; there's a change which breaks make-kpkg).

Yes, you won ;-) I've tested with 2.6.32 from Sid for now, without
succes. Following advice from another thread on this list, I also tried
to update my BIOS, but it doesn't change anything on that purpose.

> I've still to add 'alternative' handling for Fn-F3 (touchpad) and
> Fn-F7 (backlight off); with 2.6.33-rc1, do you ‒ or anybody else –
> see non-hotkey events for these and, if so, what are they? (Would
> also help to know this for the S.H.E. button.)

  As soon as I can find some time to test it, I'll tell you what I get…

  Thanks for your support,
	Fred.