[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-live: TODO for next iteration

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Dec 30 12:21:56 UTC 2009

Here's a brief TODO for the next iteration of eeepc-live.

* include some bluetooth tools for testing on models that support it
  (bluetooth, bluez, obexpushd)
* re-enable all kernel & dri modules stripped from last iteration to
  see if this helps new models

We have two goals which may conflict:

1. everything "just works"
2. fit image < 256M

In the last iteration we stripped some materials (kernel modules, dri
modules) deemed to be not necessary on an eeepc).  While the majority
of these modules are definitely not needed, it is possible we cut too
deeply, so I have re-enabled all modules in this iteration to see if
that helps.  This will push the image size over 256M again.  If it does
help and we still want to satisfy goal #2, we need to figure out what
it was that we cut that we need to have back again.

I'll have a new image built and uploaded before the end of today.  If
the TODO is missing anything, now's the time to speak up.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org