[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-live prerelease image

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Dec 30 15:08:43 UTC 2009

Frédéric Boiteux writes:

 > I've tested a workaround : adding 'acpi_osi=Linux' on the kernel
 > cmdline solves the eeepc-laptop load problem on my 1002HA : Juha, you
 > could try this also ?

i tried and things look much better now on my 1101ha.  eeepc-laptop
module gets properly loaded and most functions keys work, i.e., acpid is
receiving the events.

some remaining issues:

- after suspend/resume or toggling of wifi fn key f2, wifi does not get
  auto-connected.  however, when in disconnected state i press wicd
  client Refresh button, wifi gets auto-connected.  looks like
  auto-connect would work if resume or fn-f2 toggle would cause the same
  thing as wicd refresh to happen.

- external monitor remains back when i press lcr/monitor fn key f8.
  acpi_listen reports:

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000037 00000004
video/switchmode VMOD 00000080 00000000

- touchpad toggle fn key f3 causes green "touchpad off" text or
  something like that to show up on the screen, but touchpad is NOT
  turned off.  acpi_listen reports:

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000037 00000005

- finally, according to user manual, super fn key space "toggles among
  various power saving modes, the selected mode is shown on the
  display".  i guess this has something to do with cpu overclocking
  modes and it so, it would be nice to make it work also in debian.
  acpi_listen reports:

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000002

thanks for good work,

-- juha