[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-live prerelease image

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Dec 30 17:07:33 UTC 2009

Darren Salt writes:

 > What kind of touchpad? Which driver? (I'm suspecting Elantech with either
 > mouse or evdev, i.e. detected as ImPS/2.)

touchpad is synaptics and xorg reports like this:

(II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.14.6 (1406)
(--) Synaptics Touchpad auto-dev sets device to /dev/input/event1
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
(**) Option "SHMConfig" "true"
(**) Option "VertScrollDelta" "0"
(**) Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
(**) Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
(**) Option "MaxDoubleTapTime" "0"
(--) Synaptics Touchpad touchpad found
(**) Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
(**) Synaptics Touchpad: always reports core events

i don't know which driver it is using.  psmouse and evdev modules have
been loaded (i have also external mouse connected).

 > > - finally, according to user manual, super fn key space "toggles among
 > > various power saving modes, [...]. acpi_listen reports:
 >
 > > hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000002
 >
 > This is supported in eeepc-acpi-scripts git.

i tried to download it according to instructions on page

http://greg.geekmind.org/eee-control/

but no luck:

$ git clone http://greg.geekmind.org/git/eee-control.git && cd eee-control && git checkout 0.9.4
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/eee-control/.git/
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
error: pathspec '0.9.4' did not match any file(s) known to git.

perhaps the version 0.9.4 is not the correct one.

-- juha