[Debian-eeepc-devel] Resume from sleep seems slow

Santi Béjar santi at agolina.net
Mon Feb 16 23:36:12 UTC 2009

2009/2/16 Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/16 Tomaž Šolc <tomaz.solc at tablix.org>:
>
>> My Eee 901 takes a little under 10 seconds to wake from sleep ("suspend
>> to RAM"). That seems a bit slow compared to my boot time, which I
>> managed to optimize to around 25 seconds.
>
> I experienced the same lag, the problem is the parameter pciehp_force
> passed to pciehp module;

Without this parameter you cannot toggle the wifi, and maybe even a
working wifi after suspend. It was a workaround.

> the way out to this, and other problems is
> the patch found at the end of this post:
> http://mjg59.livejournal.com/100587.html

Or use 2.6.29 (I think since rc3) when released.

> After this, you don't need to force pciehp,

And you should not pass the force parameter with new kernels
(>=2.6.29) as it can behave badly with the rfkill:

http://osdir.com/ml/linux-kernel/2009-02/msg04302.html

Santi