[Debian-eeepc-devel] wireless power off and on

Daniel Moerner dmoerner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:48:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Kubuntu 8.10 on the eeepc 1000h
> I found this page here
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=500366 that mentions
> something similar but for a 901
> I tried loading the hp pcie modules but no luck I can not reconnect
> when I turn back on the power to the wireless card.
>
> root at jeeeff:~# uname -a
> Linux jeeeff 2.6.27-11-generic #1 SMP Thu Jan 29 19:24:39 UTC 2009
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> would loading the vmlinuz-2.6.27-8-eeepc kernel help? was there any
> changes to the rt2860sta module in that kernel?

How would we know? This is debian-eeepc-devel, not ubuntu-eeepc-devel
(if such a mailing list exists).

eeepc-acpi-scripts in Debian Sid works with 2.6.27, to my knowledge.
We have no idea what state the package is in for Intrepid (e.g., when
they pulled from Debian, if they have backported fixes.) You will have
better luck using Debian, or finding an equivalent support forum for
the EeePC.

In this case, the short answer is--yes--you should install the
array.org kernel. But I don't know if that will fix this particular
problem.

Cheers,
Daniel

--