[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fan does not turn off on Eee PC 701 4G (was: Re: Goals for Squeeze?)

Santi Béjar santi at agolina.net
Sat Feb 28 17:39:34 UTC 2009

2009/2/28 Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net>:

>> > Naturally.  Do you have any leads on what might be happening?
>
> Unfortunately I do not.

I think it is related to the "Software Control of the fan speed"
section in the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/TipsAndTricks#head-ee428146bc6dc3f20d2279b756b25ce6c40420bb

You could try with fancontrol (from lm-sensors), and configure it as
in the mail I sent:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2008-October/001490.html

I have not put anything in the wiki because I didn't receive any feedback.

HTH,
Santi