[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to get German Wifi channels?

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sat Jan 3 11:39:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've installed Debian on my eeePC (well, on an SD card for now, but
when everything works, I'll wipe the internal flash) and I have a
problem connecting to my access point. Apparently the wlan drivers
don't allow me access to channel 12 which is legal here in Germany but
not in other places. I've tried

modprobe -r ath_pci
modprobe ath_pci countrycode=276

as some hits for my Google search suggested, but this is rejected with
the following log message

unable to collect channel list from hal; regdomain likely 96 country
code 276

and the default Xandros has country code set to 0 anyway (according to
sysctl -a), so it has to work without a country code, too.

How can I configure the system to use the frequency list for Germany?

MSB

p.s.: Is there a search option for the mailing list archive? I couldn't
find it.

--
Ask a silly person, get a silly answer.