[Debian-eeepc-devel] Elantech drivers in kernel 2.6.28

Michael Pobega pobega at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 01:16:25 UTC 2009

I just compiled 2.6.28 with the new Elantech drivers, and I'm finding
them a pain to use.

I have the newest xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, along with the Asus
patched gsynaptics (patched for Elantech support), but no matter what
settings I try I have two problems;

A) when going slowly on the touchpad, the mouse moves extremely slowly
and unsmoothly.
B) tapping DOES NOT WORK WELL. I need to tap hard and three~four times
before a single tap is registered by the system.

Anyone have any xorg setup that fixes this? I'd post mine now but I'm
not in X...If anyone else finds interest in this topic I'll post what I
am using thus far (overall works well, minus these two problems)

--
    Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/pobega
    Or read my blog @ http://pobega.wordpress.com

AIM:BlockMeHarder MSN:pobega at gmail.com JIM:pobega at jaim.at