[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eeepc-live 1.0~a9 now includes wicd

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Jan 11 20:10:20 UTC 2009

See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Live if you want to play around
with eeepc-live 1.0~a9.  The image is now ~236M so it still fits on a
256M USB key with room to spare.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from people who tried the last
version and it didn't work for them.  Please mention the model# of your
eeepc when reporting back.

At this time I'm not looking for requests to include specific
packages.  Yes, I realize a lot of useful things could be packed into
the image.  However, you can aways sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get
install whatever you want after you boot the image and bring up the
network with the wicd applet.  What I am looking to do for a final
release of 1.0 is for everything eee-specific to "just work".  So if
there's anything that doesn't work for you that you think should,
please let me know.

Thanks,