[Debian-eeepc-devel] Having problems with wifi on Debian EEE

Kevin H kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:27:25 UTC 2009

> auto ath0
> iface ath0 inet dhcp
> wireless-essid router linksys

Someone just replied to me with the solution.  I'm not very familiar with
these configuration files so I feel silly to admit I just didn't think to
replace "wireless-essid" with the essid of the wireless.  I thought ID is
where the essid goes.

Anyways, just got a few more ruffles to iron out but so far I'm very happy
with the system.  Can anyone point me to where I can "browse" wifi
networks?  For instance, if I'm at Starbucks I'm not going to know their
ESSID.

Thanks again,

*Kevin*