[Debian-eeepc-devel] Keyboard Problem

Charles-Andre Roy caroy at soleiljaune.com
Sat Jul 18 05:09:07 UTC 2009

Hi!

I have a keyboard problem when I start my EeePC 900.

At the login page, the keys at the far right of the keyboard do not
work, including the return key. I can write my user name, but cannot
enter that information. But after 15 or 20 minutes, the keys start
functioning again and I can use my computer without any problem.

When the problem first started, I saw a message come down the screen
saying that some keys had two symbols and that the system had fixed this
problem.  From the start, I use the Canadian Multilingual keymap
"ca(multix)". It worked well at first.  I started to have problems after
I did an upgrade.  I do not remember which software was upgraded.

To fix the problem, I looked at the log files to find a clue, but no
luck. I do not see anymore that message about some keys having more than
one symbol. I reformated the system and reinstalled Lenny. The kernel is
2.6.26-2-686. This time, I installed the "us" keymap on the system and
the "ca(multix)" at the user level. I still have the problem at login
though. Is it a hardware problem?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Charles-André Roy