[Debian-eeepc-devel] soft keys stop working

Thiemo Nagel thiemo.nagel at ph.tum.de
Mon Jul 27 20:32:09 UTC 2009

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:15:34 +0200
> Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux at calistel.com> wrote:
>>   Yes, I get this behaviour from time to time, but didn't identify
>> yet the related event / cause, it doesn't occurs so often…
>
> Check to see if acpid has died.  If it has, start it again:
>
> /etc/init.d/acpid start
>
> If your acpid is too old, you might have this problem.  See
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade

Thanks for the hint, Ben!  I _think_ that I checked that acpid was
running, but I cannot remember for sure anymore.

Anyways, I've upgraded acpid to version 1.0.10 (was 1.0.8-1lenny1
before) and will look out for the issue and will report if it crops up
again.

Kind regards,

Thiemo
--
| Dipl.-Phys. Thiemo Nagel          |                          |