[Debian-eeepc-devel] Video tearing on 1000HE

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Wed Jun 3 06:31:51 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:18:10 -0700,
Cory Nelson <phrosty at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Has anyone been able to play videos without tearing on a 1000HE?  If
> so, how?
>
> I have tried mplayer with several output drivers -- xv, gl, etc. --
> but can't get it to work.  I found some people mentioning to use
> overlays, setting the xorg option "XvPreferOverlay" "true", but it
> seems to do nothing.  I have noticed I get
> "[drm:i915_get_vblank_counter] *ERROR* trying to get vblank count for
> disabled pipe 0" logged but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that
> (or if that is even the root problem).
>
> I'm using Lenny with the 2.6.29 backport, and no compositing.
>
> Thanks!

	Hello,

  On a 1002HA, here is what I done :

The XV system has 2 outputs, one using 'Overlay', the other 'Textured'
video. You can see it with 'xvinfo' command :

$ xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "Intel(R) Textured Video"
    number of ports: 16
    port base: 116
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 24, visualID 0x23
…
  Adaptor #1: "Intel(R) Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 132
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 24, visualID 0x23
…

To select the 'Overlay' adaptor, I run mplayer with following setting :

$ mplayer -vo xv:port=132 <video…>

You can do this configuration for gstreamer, to be able to see video
with totem, using 'gstreamer-properties' command…

  Hope it helps,

	Fred.