[Debian-eeepc-devel] fn+f4 to control screen

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:20:34 UTC 2009

fn+f4 invokes an acpi event and I can run a command as root using
standard acpi functionality. However I would like to run xrandr as the
user on the x session that is running. How would I do such a thing?
The wireless and volume control buttons showed up as standard buttons
to X and I was able to use them to run commands as the user logged
into X using xbindkey. However xbindkey does not seem to work properly
with fn+f4 even if I use acpi to launch acpi_fakekey <keycode>. for
now I will use one of the other keys that show up as a different
keycode already in X.