[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eee 1000HE

Alessandro Pellizzari alex at amiran.it
Mon Mar 2 16:13:11 UTC 2009

Il giorno ven, 27/02/2009 alle 09.43 -0500, Michael Pobega ha scritto:

> > But as the Eee 1000HE should reach 9.5 hours thanks to the S.H.E., and

> The problem with the newer models is that most of the devs who wanted to
> work on this project already own, I'd imagine, between one and three
> EeePCs. Asus has come out with roughly 14 Eee models, so I doubt they're
> going to be tested a week or so after the release.

I know, and thank the developers a lot for what they are doing
supporting the Eee. I was hoping some "dumb user" like me tried it. :)

> As for an answer, use a Linux LiveCD to see how it works. A lot of the
> time when companies come out with 'new technology' they give it some
> cool sounding name, but it's really all on the hardware level; so it may
> end up being that Linux doesn't even HAVE TO support it.

The 1000HE hasn't arrived here in Italy yet, but I was thinking the same
thing, with a USB live.

But yesterday I found some messages on eeeforum, ubuntu forums and
archlinux forums (thanks google :) ) of people successfully installing
Linux on it, and reaching 6.5 hours, so I think it works well.

Thank you all for the answers. As soon as it comes to Italy, I am going
to buy it. :)

Bye.

--
Alessandro Pellizzari