[Debian-eeepc-devel] Got my 1000HE, here's some info on it.

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Mar 7 03:24:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 05:42:54 -0800
Cory Nelson <phrosty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, however this is all hardware which showed up in other models,
> so in theory this should have been a much faster experience.

I wouldn't count on it.  With each new platform the variations on the
hardware seem endless.  Different trackpads that are all lumped
under "Elantech" may have subtle differences, just as we saw with the
sound chipset, which is "HDA Intel" even though the specific chips used
in that chipset differ from model to model, changing the channel names,
etc.  This is the frustrating part about the dizzying pace at which
Asus releases new models.  We're happy to see all of the improvements,
but it's a real challenge to support every new permutation of the
hardware because of these little variations.