[Debian-eeepc-devel] lightweight battery meter

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Mar 28 10:07:40 UTC 2009

Gene Cash wrote:
> What's a good battery meter app? I'm hoping for one that has settable
> alerts for low battery conditions.
>
> I'm using fvwm2 and trayer, so I'd really like to not have to install an
> assload of dependencies on wmaker and things like that.
>
> I've been spoiled with the nice interface in wicd-client, and I'm hoping
> to find something similar.
>
> Barring that, what's a good howto for writing an app to interface to
> ACPI and perhaps fire off an xdialog? I didn't have much luck on Google.
>
> -gc

You can try this very simple bash script that has to run on session
starup it will just pop you with a message dialog when the battery is
empty and ask you to plug in the power adapter if you do not do this it
will shutdown the computer. You can imporve the script to use
notifications instead of xenity.

https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/packages/trunk/source/pct-battery-manager/

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong