[Debian-eeepc-devel] Simple rookie question

Fabien pogzy at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 14:33:57 UTC 2009

Does anybody could explain me if there is a real difference (i.e visible by me as a end user) between using 2.6.26 or 2.6.29 kernel on a 701 4G.

I've tried both, and I don't see visible differences.

In fact, I've tried to reduce my boot time (by appling advices found in the web) and I'd like to know if installing a new kernel can reset some settings, how to check what is done by a .deb package in synaptic before installing it.

I will do some boot test with bootchart and if anybody is interested, I can post here some links to results.

Regards
Fabien