[Debian-eeepc-devel] Simple rookie question

Patrick Strasser patrick.strasser at tugraz.at
Tue May 19 11:41:38 UTC 2009

Fabien wrote am 2009-05-18 16:33:
> Does anybody could explain me if there is a real difference (i.e visible by me as a end user) between using 2.6.26 or 2.6.29 kernel on a 701 4G.
>
> I've tried both, and I don't see visible differences.

I had big problems with my 701 4G with the WLAN switch. 2.6.29 has
rfkill-support, which works much better for me. And I prefer the ath5k
driver for WLAN over the ath_pci. I use it most time in mesh mode. Both
should work fine, though.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>