[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts bits for testing

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon May 25 10:43:14 UTC 2009

We have two branches in eeepc-acpi-scripts.git which need a few quick tests.

"touchpad": touchpad toggling via Fn-F3. This one needs to be tested on one
of the 10" models (mine's a 901, so I have to hack the script to test this).

"shengine": only for those who are running Linux 2.6.30-rc7 (or have applied
the ACPI patch which is merged into -rc7). You'll need to edit
/etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts to assign "handle_shengine" to a key; I
suggest the "task manager" key (Fn-F6 or Fn-F9).

IMO, these are ready to be merged into the master branch, but I'd prefer that
somebody else tests and reports back before one of us does so.

--
| Darren Salt      | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
|   Kill all extremists!

It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.