[Debian-eeepc-devel] Weird behavior with display

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:38:09 UTC 2009

Hi, I have a 901 running sid with the Gnome window manager. Since the
last upgrade, I'm having a weird behavior with the display that if I
shutdown the computer while logged on a Gnome session, the display
goes black all the shutdown process and when I turn on the computer
again it keeps black till the end of the boot process that remains
black till I log on on the Gnome session again. The black screen is
even with the Asus pre-boot screen. If I shutdown the computer from
the GDM login screen it do it well (I can see the messages killing all
the process) and then when I turn it on again it does work properly (I
see the Asus screen and all the boot process till the GDM login screen
that is shown too).

If someone could point me where to look to investigate the problem
I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ernesto.