[Debian-eeepc-devel] New tests was: Weird behavior with display

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:34:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 18:02, Dick Middleton <dick at fouter.net> wrote:
> Ernesto Domato wrote:
>> My next move will be upgrade to Sid and try to see if my theory is
>> right (or at least part of it) by upgrading gnome-power-manager and
>> see if that provokes the behavior again.
>
> Yes, but you could hold devicekit to see if that works, then update
> devicekit.

No, I couldn't because gnome-power-manager from Sid depends on
devicekit-power. Anyway, after upgrading that package to Sid it also
upgraded gnome-session and I can't reproduce the behavior again so I
guess that the problem is more subtle. I don't discard that the
devicekit-power package could be part of the problem because the first
time that I started having the problem with my display was when I was
upgrading my system several days ago and one of the things that get my
attention was that package being installed and reading that it is
going to replace HAL in the future.

I'll keep doing test by upgrading or installing more packages related
with the display (I already upgraded GDM without consequences) like
installing splashy for splash boot that I used before and it uses
framebuffer (sorry Alan that I responded to that question wrongly
too).

Thanks,
Ernesto.