[Debian-eeepc-devel] 901 and 2.6.31

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Nov 11 11:28:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:50:08 +0100 (CET)
Jean-Christophe Lacroix <jc.sid at free.fr> wrote:
> The kernel 2.6.31 has just appeared yesterday, and the following are still buggy:
>
> - When disabling wifi (while it's up), or waking up the eee (when wifi was up during the suspend), the laptop freezes

We've been working with upstream on that.  I understand from talking to
Darren that the next 2.6.32 release candidate (-rc7) will fix this
problem when it is released.

> - The Enhanced touchpad is still not recognized

For one thing, we need Elantech to be compiled in.  See:

http://bugs.debian.org/522920

> Is there any work in progress to resolve these embarrassing stuffs? Or is there a way to make the kernel recognize the touchpad (two-fingers horizontal scrolling is usefull).

You can build your own kernel with Elantech enabled ...

> Is an upstream rt2860sta installable?

The patches in kernel git?  I imagine they apply against 2.6.31 as
well.  Darren would have to fill you in on details, as he has been
leading the charge on this fix.