[Debian-eeepc-devel] More on 901 + 2.6.31

Alan Jenkins sourcejedi.lkml at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:45:11 UTC 2009

On 11/13/09, Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:
> 1. Toggling Wi-Fi with Fn+F2 works. Really cool.
> 2. Resuming with Wi-Fi enabled still locks the kernel.
>
> The joy of 1. was quickly smashed by a note in 2.6.32-rc7
> changelog[0]:
>
>   Revert "eeepc-laptop: Prevent a panic when disabling RT2860 wireless
>   when associated"
>
> [0] http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/ChangeLog-2.6.32-rc7

Yes.  If you look at the commit message it caused wireless toggle to
crash on iwl3945.  It also broke for me on ath5k.

<dig>

The ideal has always been to fix the driver for rt2860.  According to
Darren this has been implemented:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.acpi.devel/42343/match=prevent+panic+disabling+rt2860+wireless+associated>

The commit is "Staging: rt2860sta: prevent a panic when disabling when
associated", which is in -rc7, and also the stable kernel 2.6.31.5.

So -rc7 should be good.  Unless you're saying you actually tested it
and it's not :-).

Alan