[Debian-eeepc-devel] More on 901 + 2.6.31

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 22:35:09 UTC 2009

I demand that Damyan Ivanov may or may not have written...

> 1. Toggling Wi-Fi with Fn+F2 works. Really cool.
> 2. Resuming with Wi-Fi enabled still locks the kernel.

Works here. OTOH, I'm presently running 2.6.32-rc7.

I've just tested 2.6.31-1-686, though, and I see the delay (which is due to
an attempt to load the firmware, which times out). A second suspend or a
normal shutdown for reboot or (presumably) power-off will cause a panic.

There isn't presently a working firmware-caching patch.

> The joy of 1. was quickly smashed by a note in 2.6.32-rc7 changelog[0]:
>   Revert "eeepc-laptop: Prevent a panic when disabling RT2860 wireless
>   when associated"

... which was a broken fix which went into -rc5 along with the 'correct' fix.
All is well there now.

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/ & http://tartarus.org/ds/

Hackers of the world, unite!