[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless Toggle killed after Suspend to Disk

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Sat Oct 10 01:27:52 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19 September 2009 23:11:00 you wrote:
> On 9/20/09, Peter Besenbruch <prb at lava.net> wrote:
> > I am running an Asus EEEPC 1000HE. It uses Ralink wireless. When
> > suspending to
> > RAM wireless comes back flawlessly on resume, and it toggles on, or off,
> > as it should. On suspend to disk, the state of the wireless is frozen in
> > the state it was in before suspend to disk. Pressing Fn-F2 does nothing.
> > Running "/etc/acpi/actions/wireless.sh toggle" as root does work, but the
> > Fn-F2 key remains disabled.
> >
> > I am running Lenny with a 2.6.26-2 kernel and I access suspend to disk
> > through
> > the Kpowersave package.
>
> My first comment is that this is a relatively old kernel.

It's the current kernel for Debian Stable.

> eeepc-laptop has improved in the meantime (and so have a few related
> things).  It may still be present in newer kernels, but I would be
> very interested to hear your results on 2.6.31 (or the acpi-test tree
>
> :-).  I think the latest kernel from debian unstable is 2.6.30 - that
>
> would not be quite as interesting, but still very useful to confirm
> with.
>
> Anyway, here are some questions you can answer without install new kernels:

Thanks for your response. I have been out of town for much of September. I did
several weeks of updates in October and the problem resolved itself. Thanks
for the time, and if someone found out what was wrong and issued a fix,
thanks to them, too. In general Debian Lenny does a very good job with the
EEEPC 1000HE.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky