[Debian-eeepc-devel] Squeeze release goals

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Oct 10 13:05:07 UTC 2009

We should start a list of Squeeze release goals (belongs in the wiki,
actually) and get started on them.  Here are the two big ones:

- standard Debian-installer prebuilt images support Eee PCs out of the
box
  - one of the biggest blockers is rt2860 depends on non-free firmware
  - we have talked to the rt2x00 folks and they are working on rt2860
support, and have agreed in principle it could be made to work without
the firmware
  - we also need a working atl1c driver for new models that use it

- standard Debian-live prebuilt images support Eee PCs out of the box
  - in addition to the driver issue above, we need to resolve the
conflict between acpi-support and eeepc-acpi-scripts for this to work

Anything else people can think of?

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org