[Debian-eeepc-devel] Cleanup of TODO -

Alan Jenkins sourcejedi.lkml at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 14:07:20 UTC 2009

On 10/10/09, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> I have just purge a bunch of old/done items from our TODO in the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Todo
>
> what about this one?
>
>     Hard/Wishlist: use s2ram from uswsusp for suspend
>         * needs 467017
>
> uswsusp looks unmaintained for a long time (see grave bug #498917,
> not fixed for one whole year!). should we be recommending something
> else?  pm-suspend works fine for suspending for me, but i don't
> hibernate.  what do people use for that?
>
> I have started a "Squeeze release goals" section on this page.  What
> needs to be done next is to separate the "how" from the "what" and
> populate the TODO list with items that will help us reach these goals.
>
> Ben

I use s2disk (from uswsusp) because the compression makes for a faster resume.

uswsusp is now installed by default in squeeze, because it is
recommended by pm-utils.  pm-suspend (and pm-hibernate) will use it as
a backend.

I do have doubts about the state of the debian package though :-). I
need to get round to sending the patch I have to fix hibernation to
swap files (as opposed to a dedicated swap partitition).

Regards
Alan