[Debian-eeepc-devel] [Debian-eeepc-commits] [SCM] Maintenance of eeepc-acpi-scripts debian package branch, master, updated. 1.1.1-39-g3ab8972

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Oct 14 12:40:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:04:24 -0300
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> Time spent parsing, since we include this everywhere.  According to
> Darren's tests:
>
> <_ds_> Hmm. Might be worth making a man page for the defaults
>        file and removing the comments from it…
> * _ds_ tests and sees a parsing time reduction of about 45%
>        (using dash)

Oh, and I forgot to include my own observation that as soon as you edit
this file (and people invariably do) it is no longer updated
automatically on each upgrade, so the docs embedded in it may drift out
of date with the controls themselves (granted, the .dpkg-dist contains
the new doc, but then you're back to having to open another terminal
to consult it). Therefore, it is better to keep the doc in a file that
is guaranteed to be upgraded with each release.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org