[Debian-eeepc-devel] Enable camera autosuspend in udev rule

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:51:45 UTC 2009

In a thread on linux-acpi [1] it came out that usb autosuspend on usb
webcams needs to be activated explicitly.
This can easily be done in by adding suited rules in
lib/udev/rules.d/eeepc-acpi-scripts.rules
For the 901, the following rule works:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04f2", ATTR{idProduct}="b071",
ATTR{power/level}="auto"
but I think different models have different webcams, so we would need
several rules (I couldn't find a comprehensive list of Eee webcams on
the net).
This saves 0.2W and doesn't cause any trouble on my system.
Do you agree on writing down such a list of USB IDs and shipping the
related rules in eeepc-acpi-scripts?
How could we survey for IDs?
Cheers,

Luca