[Debian-eeepc-devel] Enable camera autosuspend in udev rule

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:28:32 UTC 2009

2009/10/22 Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com>:

> DRIVER=="uvcvideo", ATTR{../power/level}="auto" didn't work.

Turns out that the problem with this rule is that the device isn't
bound to the driver at the time udev starts.
The ../ trick works though, so we just have to find an other way to
match for usb webcams.
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{bInterfaceClass}=="0e", ATTR{../power/level}="auto"
works for me; 0e is the "Video" interface class, but I don't know
whether it matches all and only the devices it has to (and I don't
know where to find out...)
Cheers,