[Debian-eeepc-devel] 5 second boot desktop with documentation

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sun Sep 13 19:05:16 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,

On 09/12/09 11:18, Paul Menzel wrote:
> I am still amazed by your results. Almost three month have past since
> you posted them and yesterday Linux kernel 2.6.31 was released and
> DebPkg:readahead-fedora was packaged for Debian [1].
>
> I would be very interested in getting your results with those changes,
> if you have time.

I was just catching up with this mailing list and read your mail. I had
not yet the change to test the readahead-fedora package and the 2.6.31
kernel has not yet made the unstable repository. I have some questions
for us all thou :D

Why is does the readahead-fedora need the manual interference of the
user to set the profile kernel option the fist time? Why can't the
kernel system take a command for one time?

I disable services with the following command example:
sudo update-rc.d -f ssh remove

But everytime the package of the init script is updated the service is
enabled again on boot. How do you all solve this? It driving me mad to
run my "disable unneeded services" script every few months?

Best regards,

Jelle

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/BootProcessSpeedup#Testsresultsofusers