[Debian-eeepc-devel] Network on Eee 1101HA

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 15 11:31:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:30:59 +0300
jh at tutpro.com (Juha Heinanen) wrote:
> if you find debain installer with squeeze, you should be able to make
> it.
>
> on the other hand, what if we make atl1e.ko available for lenny 2.6.26
> kernel?  then regular lenny installer could be used by executing shell
> and copying this .ko file to /lib/modules before continuing the
> installation.

You mean atl1c, right?

No, I feel this is a step backwards.  With the new models released
after Lenny, I really feel that we should make things work in Squeeze
first before we start worrying about Lenny backports.  And even then, I
favour a whole kernel backport rather than trying to backport
individual modules from a newer kernel into an older one.  There are
just so many benefits to the new kernel that I don't feel nursing
2.6.26 along is a wise use of our resources.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org