[Debian-eeepc-devel] Network on Eee 1101HA

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 15 17:30:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:12:06 +0300
jh at tutpro.com (Juha Heinanen) wrote:
> ok, that is fine with me.  i just needed this thing to run lenny,
> because i'm using it to build debian packages that must work on lenny
> hosts.

I would normally use a lenny chroot for that (e.g. pbuilder and
friends).  That approach has the additional benefit of ensuring that
whatever you have installed on your box won't "taint" the build
environment or conceal build dependency problems, and therefore is
recommended over building packages on your own box anyway.

> what comes to squeeze and its 2.6.30 kernel, there should not be any
> problems to include atl1c module in that kernel, because is can be build
> by from source files provided by the vendor.

I'm hoping rather that it won't be too long before 2.6.31 goes into
squeeze, and then we won't have to bother with that.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org