[Debian-eeepc-devel] acpi-scripts: THE LID

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Apr 2 01:08:36 UTC 2010

On 01/04/10 08:52 PM, Malte Dik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> was thinking about my usecase of closing the netbook, when it is connected to
> an extern monitor, mouse and keyboard - and that I don't want to hybernate in
> this situation. xrandr gives me something alon the lines like: "VGA1
> disconnected" and I could use this in /etc/acpi/actions/lid.sh to check, if an
> external monitor is connected and terminate the script at that location so it
> is not run till the end.

What version of eeepc-acpi-scripts?  Ever since 1.1.1 all you need to do
is in /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts set:

LID_CLOSE_ACTION='nothing'

If you run a power manager on your desktop (e.g. gnome-power-manager)
then you need to configure the lid action there instead, as
eeepc-acpi-scripts will delegate the lid action to any power manager it
knows about.