[Debian-eeepc-devel] Installing from USB not working

Michael Donovan phunkism at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 01:26:30 UTC 2010

Hey,

First time on this mailing list (and installing linux) so be nice.

Just got an Asus eee PC 1005PE and my goal is to install Debian on it.  I've
tried following the guide on the wiki and am running into problems.  I dd'd
the debian-eeepc.img onto a usb stick from my Mac running OSX 10.6.  From
there I tried to boot from usb on my asus and it does nothing.  I used to
get a message saying "No Operating System Found" when trying to boot from a
USB but after trying a couple different usb sticks I finally got rid of that
message but things are not much better.  I think it's an issue with how I'm
putting the installer image onto the usb but I can't say for sure.  As I
said earlier I just followed the instructions but maybe things have changed
for OSX 10.6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know if I didn't give out
enough information.  I'm really excited to get Debian up and running and
start playing :)  Thanks.
--
Michael Donovan
mdonovan at mail.umd.edu