[Debian-eeepc-devel] how hot is hot? (no more fan)

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Mon Apr 12 14:49:55 UTC 2010

It turns out others have the same problem,
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=616399#p616399
!    And both 0309 and 0502 (the only ones I have tried on a 702) will sometimes cause CPU temp
!    utilities to freeze the reading and the fan kicks off at full speed. Although you can tame
!    it down with Eeectl. Or power down, remove AC and battery. Funny this problem was supposed
!    to be fixed since 0404.
!
!I was meaning to ask why my /proc/eee always listed the CPU temp as 56*C...
For me it's 56 or 0 deg., unless I: