[Debian-eeepc-devel] pm-powersave false on ACPI AC event

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Apr 22 01:49:05 UTC 2010

Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> writes:

> -=| Trent W. Buck, Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:18:33PM +1000 |=-
>> Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> writes:
>>> I agree with this. Still, I thing the implementation belongs outside
>>> of eeepc-acpi-scripts.
>>
>> Then why is eeepc-acpi-scripts calling pm-suspend?
>
> Good question. Because, sadly, the goal to integrate all the bits in
> the 'mainline' was always treated as 'second class'. The first
> priority seems to be making things work. Which is fine, of course,
> people want to improve their experience, but diverges with the project
> goals.

That's a reasonable position; I can dig it.

I'm not running laptop-mode-tools or "mainline" acpi-scripts because, at
least historically, they annoyed me by having a lot of noisy guff for
handling ATI GPUs, mechanical HDDs, gnome/kde power daemons, etc.

Re-considering laptop-mode-tools and acpi-scripts for good ideas to
steal ("integrate") is on my TODO list; until I action that, I'll drop
discussion of pm-powersave.