[Debian-eeepc-devel] RFC: default volume keys to do nothing (at least on new kernels)

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:57:32 UTC 2010

On 23 April 2010 18:59, Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:

> If this doesn't break things with the squeeze kernl, I'd go with it.
> As for console users, there must be some way to handle this on non-Eee
> too (iow, outside of eeepc-acpi-scripts).

Is there?
XF86Audio* symbols are not accessible on the console,  and I don't
even know if there's a way a daemon can monitor keystrokes.
That's why I proposed to try to push the mixer scripts in
acpi-support, so that they will be available to any laptop and people
will be able to hook their acpi hotkeys into them.

Cheers,

Luca