[Debian-eeepc-devel] Minimal X installation for 2Gb eeepc - what do I need?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Apr 30 08:45:33 UTC 2010

I have just installed DebianEeePC on my Asus Eee Pc 2G Surf, it's all
up and running.  I'd previously tried adding 'Desktop' to the software
to be installed but it ran out of space so all I have installed at the
moment is the base system.

What's the minimum I can install now to get a working X?  All I really
want is to run Firefox and a terminal window as I'm perfectly happy
using the command line for just about everything (e.g. I use mutt for
E-Mail and tin for usenet on my desktop at home).

I'm even happy going for a non-mainstream window manager if that's
more economical on space, I used fvwm for many years for example.

--
Chris Green