[Debian-eeepc-devel] Minimal X installation for 2Gb eeepc - what do I need?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Apr 30 15:12:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:22:11AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "Chris G" <cl at isbd.net>:
> >I'm even happy going for a non-mainstream window manager if that's
> >more economical on space, I used fvwm for many years for example.
>
> You could try LXDE.

Yes, thanks, the 'virtual' LXDE package installed OK and brought in
all the dependencies so I now have a working X and still have about
700Mb spare even with iceweasel installed.  That's fine by me, I've
nothing more to install so don't have to scrape around for the last
few Mb of space.

Openbox is OK but I wish it didn't follow the current fashion of using
XML for its configuration files - XML is for programs to read and
write not for people to read and write. :-)

--
Chris Green