[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fan do not start

Christian Grube seraphyn at seraphyn.deveth.org
Fri Apr 30 17:21:13 UTC 2010

> I took apart the fan, located the foreign matter, dislodged it,
> reassembled everything, and it has all been fine ever since.
Okay i'll do it once more.
Done it before t oclean him up and to use tape for better kb-performance.

> *you* do something to turn it off.
Nope i havent't.

> Can you get the fan to start with another OS?  If not, the problem
FreeBSD will be the other one, but I prefer Debian on the eeepc.
So I disasemble him und have a look on it.
Hope so it'll be a HW-Error.
Thanks for the fast answere, cause I've not seen in /proc or /sys
something that reminds me of controling the fan...

Have a nice weekend and thx
Chris

Seraphyn            ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
seraphyn.deveth.org  X   www.asciiribbon.org
                    / \