[Debian-eeepc-devel] squeeze replacement for uswsusp and libsplashy1?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Dec 1 12:18:00 UTC 2010

Ben Armstrong writes:

> It attempts to do so in /var/lib/dpkg/info/initramfs-tools.preinst upon
> first-time install. The autodetection might have failed for you somehow.
> Certainly /dev/hda1 seems like a value that at no point would have been
> correct for an eeepc. Did you install your system with a swap partition,
> or did you only add the swap partition later?

i installed it with swap partition, but it was lenny at that time, which
i when upgraded to squeeze.

> On my current system (a Squeeze install early in the summer), RESUME is
> set to the UUID of the swap partition.

most likely fresh install of squeeze would do the right thing also in my
case.

now also suspend/resume works which didn't with uswsusp.  after resume
the screen was flashing all kinds of color patterns, but now those
problems disappeared when in uninstalled uswsusp.

-- juha