[Debian-eeepc-devel] update issues with mouse on 900

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Mon Feb 1 09:13:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

	After quite a while of faultless working on my eee 900 I decided an
update would be a good idea.  I use squeeze. I now have a couple of
problems with mouse:

Trackpad:  tap no longer works.  pointer is OK and scrolling gesture
works but tapping does nothing.  Is this a known problem?

USB power saving seems to be enabled now and this causes havoc with
wireless mouse as remote-wakeup is obviously not possible.  If I disable
usb power saving it works fine.  What is the best way to configure usb
power saving?  Is it sensible to do it with udev for a specific device?
  Is there a better way?  Can it be disabled at boot?

Any advice appreciated.

Dick