[Debian-eeepc-devel] Grandma uses Logitech Vid, how to chat with her with Debian?

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Tue Feb 2 19:42:55 UTC 2010

Sirs, Grandma says: "I have a 2-way camera installation on my computer,
It's called Logitech Video. (It only cost $28.00 on sale, and John
installed it for me) The software was down-loaded free."

Apparently the software she installed was Logitech® Vid™.

Alas, on
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/584/6164%26cl=us,en?section=downloads&WT.ac=os|5788||vidDL
there is no Linux version of Logitech® Vid™.

I have a EEEPC 702 (with its UVC webcam that works fine with luvcview).
What Debian package can I install in order to be able to video chat with
my super-old grandma?