[Debian-eeepc-devel] saving battery

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 13:24:13 UTC 2010

I demand that Daniel Dalton may or may not have written...

[snip; 1008HA]
> What else can I do to save battery? I read somewhere I can throttle down
> the cpu speed when necessary? Or is this a dangerous procedure?

You can; for most, it works well. (I've only heard from one for whom
*over*clocking failed.)

eeepc-acpi-scripts has code to do this. Since 1.1.3, it'll default to
"automatic" at boot (if previously unconfigured); 1.1.6 and later allow user
of the S.H.E. control key (either Fn-Space or a separate button).

You can force default settings by deleting /var/lib/eeepc-acpi-scripts/cpufv.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + It's 1984.

If I save time, when do I get to spend it?