[Debian-eeepc-devel] Request for advice for system for Eee PC 701

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 15 11:27:57 UTC 2010

Dear Frédéric,

thank you for your response.

Am Montag, den 15.02.2010, 12:10 +0100 schrieb Frédéric Boiteux:
> Le Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:04:04 +0100,
> Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit :
>
> > I am facing a similiar situation as you now. Could you please post an
> > update on what you did in the end and how the user experience is?
>
> I actually installed a Debian Squeeze (in late december) : it worked
> well :-). In fact, I didn't remember of any major issues... and I think
> Squeeze should be in a better shape now.
>   For desktop, I installed Gnome (as eeepc's user was knowing it much
> better), and even compiz was working quite well ;-P

it is good to read, that there were no problems.

>   I should have more feedback these next days, but I think Squeeze +
> eeepc-acpi-scripts is a good candidate ;

Great! Please do not hurry. I am just planning on doing a reinstall and
therefore try to gather some information beforehand.

It would be great if you mentioned the following.

1. Is this running with 512 MB RAM?
2. Did you try Boot Booster?
3. What is the boot time?
4. What filesystem did you use?
5. What is used to play Flash files?

> you can also read Debian wiki about eeepc, it has a lot of tips…

Yes, it is a great resource. I just remembered your post to this list
and thought I bug you. If you have updated the Wiki though, please just
tell me and I will look there.

Thanks again,

Paul